How AutoCapture Works
AutoCapture delivers industry leading accuracy which enables Automation for Accounts. Here’s how the AutoCapture service works.
To import files into major account packages a file has to be created which consists of specific data fields. Some of these fields appear on the invoice and are captured using OCR.
Other data fields are necessary which do not appear on the invoice. These fields may include nominal codes, tax codes, customer references, project codes plus other items. AutoCapture is able to import these necessary fields from a customer/supplier listing which is easily downloaded from your accounts package.
Liaise with us to export the customer/supplier information from your accounts package. We can help you export the required data fields.
1. Send us your printed invoices
- We can accept scanned documents
- You can send the invoices to us and we will scan them for you.
2. We securely process your invoices
We capture and digitise the data from your printed invoices. We achieve this through bulk processing with specialised technology. Our service is confidential and we operate in a secure environment.
We deliver industry leading accuracy by using:
- Up-to-date scanning technology
- The latest OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software
- Powerful and intelligent exception reporting
We assemble the data into a .csv spreadsheet formatted to enable import into your accounts package:
- We map each piece of data from every invoice to the correct column of the .csv file
- We import additional data from the provider customer/supplier table
- When you import it into your accounts package the data populates the correct fields of the database
3. We deliver the .csv file for you to import
The data captured from your printed invoices is assembled into a single spread sheet .csv file:
- We deliver to you by email or FTP, password protected or encrypted as required
- You use the standard import routines or a specialist import utility to upload the .csv data into your accounting package
- We return scanned images of your invoices for archive
- We securely return your printed invoices or archive your invoices for an agreed period